Learn how to create a blog or website for free using WordPress
WordPress is the most popular platform the world over for creating either a website or a blog. WordPress being used as the platform for an estimated 75,000,000 websites.
Is it time for you to make the leap? Start your own blog or website?
Tired of courses that are too complicated? Tired of instructors who use a whole bunch of words you don't understand? Tired of courses where the focus is on only essential information - not sales of the instructors' other products?
You are in the right spot!
This course is taught by a seasoned technical trainer. Barb Drozdowich has over 20 years of teaching and technical training experience and great at breaking down complicated topics so that the average person can understand them!
WordPress Dot Com for Beginners helps even the technology challenged beginner create a free blog or website. The version of WordPress that is taught is completely free and requires no domain registration or purchase of hosting so this course is perfect for people just dipping a toe in the website waters!
By the end of this course, the student will have a working website or blog, understand the basics of how to add content and change the look and feel. The following is included in this course:
- learn the difference between WordPress dot com (free WordPress) to WordPress dot org (self-hosted WordPress)
- learn how to register at WordPress and creating an account
- learn how to navigate all aspects of the dashboard - or the behind the scenes - of a WordPress site
- learn the difference between posts & pages and how to create both types of content
- learn how to optimize blog posts
- learn how to incorporate and manipulate pictures and other documents into your WordPress site
- learn how to manage comments and set up sharing and publicizing
- learn how to view and manage subscribers and add guest posters to your site
- learn how to use the settings of a WordPress site to your advantage
- learn how to create a custom menu
- learn how to change the fonts, colors and other aspects of a site
- learn the difference between free WordPress and the various different levels of paid service
- learn how to set up the 4 most popular WordPress themes
Everyone is capable of having a blog or website and learning WordPress dot com is a great way to achieve this goal. Even if you have struggled to learn WordPress in the past, Barb can have you blogging confidently in no time.
Social Media and Wordpress Consultant Barb Drozdowich has taught in colleges, universities and in the banking industry. More recently, she brings her 15+ years of teaching experience and a deep love of books to help authors develop the social media platform needed to succeed in today’s fast evolving publishing world. She delights in taking technical subjects and making them understandable by the average person.
She owns Bakerview Consulting and manages the popular blog, Sugarbeat’s Books, where she talks about Romance novels.
She is the author of 18 books, over 50 YouTube videos and several online courses, all focused on helping authors and. Barb lives in the mountains of British Columbia with her family.